Sunday 15 January 2012

Week Two

Monday - still no work and it was lovely out, so I decided to don the cycling gear and take the road bike out for a Pootle. No sooner had I turned out of our road than the rain started, not heavy pouring rain but that constant drizzly wet sort of rain, and it didn't stop till I got home, at one point I was so wet I stopped at a burger van in Earlswood and had a coffee and the kind lady dried my gloves on her tea urn ;-) 
    After get soaked and returning home the bike computer said I had been out foe 119mins and covered 30.miles roughly an average speed of 15mph, if today had been race day that would have been awful but it's not and I know fitness will come and with fitness comes speed so for now it's more of the same - progression and consistency 


Tuesday - Woo Hoo - it happened I actually enjoyed that run 58mins 6.1miles of easy paced fun running, 


Wednesday - today was a rest day. It was also the day I went for an interview for a job that didn't really exist, 


Thursday - very quick 20min run round Rowheath after dropping girls off at school. 


Friday - 60mins on the CX bike along the canal, 30mins very easy ride out then sprint efforts between the bridges on the way back. Best part was watching Gus trying to keep up and then once I had lost contact with him he would just easy up and trot along till he caught me at the next bridge. Great fun and legs were properly trashed after a feeling I rather like. 


Saturday - 120min head torch run with the TNSG boys. I just love this running, pitch back off road the dogs chasing shadows and me trying desperately to keep up and not get lost, then just a you think is cant get better the Sun comes up and you are treated to a frosty landscape that would easily don and Narnia film set. A lot of the time we all get caught up in miles per min pace distance and the like, but these runs are not about that for me, these are what I enjoy most about training, ( meeting men I met on the Internet in dark car parks and playing in the woods).


Sunday - 95min run over the licky hills with Sue, another great run in the frost and sunshine. Today was the final test to see if I was up for the 50k next week and though I know it is gonna hurt I shall still go and run a bit and just see what happens, Sue asked me today why I was running a 50k so soon after injury and when I am supposed to be "being sensible" and training for outlaw, the only real answer I could give was "Because I can" and I'm not ashamed of that, I like the fact that I'm fit enough to even think about running that sort of distance I have worked and trained hard at it over the last 9years, I don't "Race" any more but I do go out and run with friends and have fun. And no one is gonna tell me that wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. Knowing you could run or at least get round marathon distance at the drop of a hat is an awesome feeling :)))

    ReplyDelete