Sunday 12 February 2012

Week 6/52

Mon - long long day today, up at 4:30am walked Gus over the fields no need for a torch as the snow lit the place up, it was gorgeous, then in the car and up to Penrith the birth place and home of one of the best ultra runners I know, but he is way to modest to allow me to name him on here. Every time I drive up the M6 and I get to junction 39 I see those hills and try to figure out why I don't come to the lakes more often, unfortunately today was a work visit so I could not stop and play, after a good meeting I headed home and pulled up outside the house at 8:30pm, a long but great day. 


Tue - it was fecking freezing this morning so there was No way I was running on the ice so yet again No Training 


Wed - I've been toying with withdrawing from Outlaw for a few weeks now and today I finally decided to do it. I'm loving my new job and there is no way I can fit IM training in around it and the family so "training" is going to take a back seat for a while. 


Thu - Started the day in Thurrock in Essex being inducted on for the site I'm working on next week and then high tailed it over to Weston-Super-Mare to look at another job. According to the doom mongers the end of the world was on its way in the form of a bit of snow so I raced up the M5 so as not to spend the end of everything I know and love in Bristol.

Fri- The snow came but the world didn't end which was just slightly disappointing, so when to work and spent the day in the office. 


Sat - I was meant to be running this morning but last night I rang my running partner and called it off. I spent the day strolling round the local park with Gus whilst hitting a golf ball about, it was great so laid back and relaxed 


Sun - the temp has risen and the snow has gone and every runner in the world is out pounding the streets today. Which has filled me with just a tinge of jealously. Took the golf club and Gus round the park again this morning, it's great to just amble around and not be worried about pace or speed or times. I'm sure I will run again and I'm sure it will be soon but right now I'm enjoying not running and so that is the way it will remain for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment