Sunday 26 February 2012

Week 8/52

Mon - today was about very little time and squeezing a session in where I could. I had to pass the gym on the way home from Weston, it was about 8pm so I decided to give the HIIT another go. I did a 10min warm up on the treadmill as I was jogging along I spied a setting on the panel that said "Fat Burner" and thought I'd give it a go. I set the timer for 20min and the pace at 6mph and pressed GO! A min passed and all was well then the treadmill started to rise till my head my touching the ceiling. I had to maintain the same pace only now I was stimulating a fell race up the side of Cat Bells. Thankfully after 30 sec the treadmill dropped to somewhere near level and allowed my to recover, but then 30sec later you guessed it we were back off up the fells. This circle continued till my 20min was up and I looked like I had been out running in the famous lake district weather. This was the hardest session I have done since the last hardest session I had done and TBH I'm starting to count down to the next one. 


Tue - decided to rest today and visit Scunthorpe the birthplace and ancestral home of that famous ultra runner @Ogeerunner. I can see why he moved. Well to be fair all I actually saw of the place was an industrial estate and a building site. 


Wed - Beer and lots of it. twitter lets you get drunk with friends in an empty bar


Thu - rest day and just as well TBH 


Fri - wasted day driving to Essex just to sit around and wait for stuff to be ready. 


Sat - this morning was a Team not so gorgeous run at Sutton park with a guest appearance from Sid. And right from the off the air was thick with testosterone and abuse. Sid looked so comfortable clipping along chatting and humouring the three of us as we fire advice at him about 'going long' right from the first time I met Sid I new he would achieve his dream of completing the ironman and after today i am know he will not just achieve it but he will smash it. As for the other 2 members of our happy band of men. Jules is class runner, he trains properly he runs with ease and he has the potential to really blow his GFA apart everyone who runs with him can see this and comments on it, now if only he would start believing it then he would truly become as awesome as we all know he can be and Matt was there as well. 
   We ran the route the fastest I have ever run it. I'm happy with that.


Sun - 68min run along the canal with Sue and the dogs. Not fast but not slow either. I am starting to enjoy that hurt again, the one you get from moving forward just outside your comfort zone. I may even stick to this type of training for another week. 

3 comments:

  1. Cause i train with top notch trainers. still having bath flashbacks though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. '...and Matt was there as well.' after the day I've had today, poor ol' beleaguered Matt- that made me really smile.

    Thank you for that..and the kind words..which aren't working yet. Perhaps they will soon :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sid - soapy bath fantasy flashbacks? ;)

    Jules - it's ok he never reads it, so I'm safe

    ReplyDelete