Monday 20 February 2012

Week 7/52

Mon - tonight I went swimming, I didn't actually get too swim but at least I went to the pool, I'm working in Thurrock all week so I looked up some local pools on "Splashpath" and came up with the leisure centre at Blackshotts. I checked out the timetable and headed off ready to swim, when I got there it turned out I had been looking at Tuesdays timetable. So I have decided to give the swimming up as a bad job. 


Tue - tonight I swam, not very far and not very fast, but it was enjoyable. I felt like I was moving through syrup for most of it but that will teach me to not swim for months.! 


Wed - work work work few pints  food bed that's about it for wednesday to be honest. But I do have to admit to starting to think about running again.


Thu - so its the Arden 9 then June 24th. I knew it would happen sooner rather than later. I have run this race a few time back in the day and my PB is something like 74min I think that works out at about 8:20 pace. I doubt very much if I could do that now but I I have 18 weeks to prepare myself for it. So I better get sorted. It is going to mean a complete change in my training out go the long slow running for hours on end and in come the tempo runs and hill reps. So now the question is who wants to enter the sweep stake on how long it takes before I change my mind and go for something else as a challenge. I have a fiver on 3 weeks 


Fri - 30mins of HIIT (hi intensity interval training) on the treadmill. I have been hearing a lot of people talk about this type of training and it's benefits so thought I would give it a go. 6min warm up at 5mph then 10x1min at 7.5mph with 1min jog back at 5mph in between each rep. I haven't done any sort of reps for years and genuinely thought I was going to die on about the 3rd rep, but as they past I seem to get into the flow and even cranked the last 2 reps up to 8.5 and 9 mph as I felt quite good. Then 5mins of cool down at 4.8mph to finish. The best thing about this workout was it was only 30 mins long and I felt like I had really worked. You know that tired ache you can only get from hard physical work. As I sat on the settee I realised how much I've missed that feeling 


Sat - today was a day for moving furniture and not training. New beds for the girls meant emptying both bedrooms cleaning then building new beds and rearranging the furniture. So no training but plenty of psychical work 


Sun - very easy 60min run in the snow with Gus. Doing nothing more than moving forward. All in all I've had quite a good week both work wise and training wise. I haven't done any big sessions or loads of miles. But I have decided where I'm heading and how I'm going to get there. And that is a big set forward. 

1 comment:

  1. I give it until everyone you know has entered and started on a training plan :D Then you can pull out.

    ReplyDelete