Sunday 5 February 2012

Week 5/52

Mon - I might have given up the ridged training plan but I flatly refuse to give up my rest day and Monday is rest day so today my friends I REST, 

07:11     0:48:42 0:26:05 1:21:58    2011
08:11.    0:48:35.     0:22:43    1:19:29    2007

These are a few numbers I would like to remind myself of over the next few months. They speak volumes about the direction of my training over the years. 


Tue - I write this entry lying on my hotel bed post run. It wasn't a long run (31mins) it was a fast run (somewhere around 3miles) but let me tell you it was an absolutely feckin fantastic run. I rather like it when this happens. It would appear not pressure and no training plan is the way forward. 


Wed - early morning meeting in Essex followed by late meeting in Rugby resulted in no running at all today, consistently if I was following a schedule I'm sure it would have said that today was a rest day. 


Thu - sometimes I can be a right lazy fecker, got home from work lay on the settee and never moved, 

Fri - up at normal time and felt fantastic so took Gus for a quick run, it was brilliant freezing cold and dark, not watch no HRM just me and the dog moving forward, for the first time in a while I actually felt like I was running and not jogging. 


Sat - great early morning run with Sue and and the pack over cofton. It was fresh and frozen and made for great running, was only meant to do 20 minutes but stretched it out to 40mins 


Sun - it snowed last night not that you'd know I mean no one has said a word about it and it hasn't been on the telly or anything. Ran with Dave who has moved in up the road, he is training for 'the seven challenge" (go on google it I dare ya). And is doing a lot of his running in army boots and kit, so as to keep everything slow and steady, so going out I the snow this morning he was actually dressed for the occasion. We were going t do 90min but decided on 60min as the snow was making it tough going, we still managed 10min miling over the fields and parks, so to be truthful I'm really chuffed with this run.

About 4 weeks ago my watch reacted with my wrist and a scab formed as a result I haven't been able to wear a watch since. From a running point of view this has been liberating I'm really enjoying just going out and running for running sake. I know I'm weird aren't I ? 

2 comments:

  1. If you were training, or following a plan, you'd be doing ok wouldn't you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so thats it then...no #TNSG run because we were deffed for someone of the female persuasion?! nowt to do with the effing miles to drive to be on time for stupid o'clock in the park?! ;o)
    Glad to see things going nicely..if not planned!

    ReplyDelete